28 December 2012

Last Outing

Countdown!
A few more days and we would be all back to the old times when we have to study like maniacs for the test. Bah.

Best enjoy EVERYTHING before time runs out! I've looked for Mirror's Edge for like a whole two months and no results. It's time to deal with the pirates!

Got a whole bunch of fine torrents with invalid downloads. Bah, again. Finally I found a perfect torrent and installed the CD... but then the game won't start. Pops said "Replace #$*@%" and I don't know what he meant. Soon after I dealt with the shortcut, the game splash popped out. YES! Finally, after months of searching, I'm going to play MIRROR'S EDGE!

I waited, and waited and waited... and waited. Nothing. Looked for solutions on the web and, hey! There's this website that helps you determine if your OS is fit for the game... and everything was a fine tick, except for the graphics card. I was so close to playing the game I longed, ya know!

Had a gathering on the 26th with old friends in Sunway Pyramid. 1/3 of my old pals didn't recognize it's me. Ha...

We watched Wreck-it Ralph at 11 with large popcorn. I TOTALLY MISSED THE FINAL FANTASY CAMEO PART! But at least I saw Street Fighter Chun Li in the Game Central. Mario didn't show up, but the mushrooms and antagonist did. There was Pac-Man, and cameos of Sonic, and there was this fighting game which I think is quite familiar...

After the movie we went to have lunch, but all the popcorn is making me full. We had Won Gok (I dunno how to spell the name) daily promotion sets. I had spaghetti and warm teh, and I couldn't finish it (because of the popcorn).

Then we had karaoke! I sang and sang till my throat's sore! There were a few anime songs, but please, they don't don't have the lyrics. Jasmine and I were like "We should've seen this coming and brought our lyrics books." They had Lia in their list, but she had only one song, and that song is totally not Tori no Uta.

Jasmine and I gave up. We sucked it up and went with English songs. we chose the impossible ones - My Heart Will Go On, I Will Always Love You, and the few high-pitched albums. I didn't get to sing Lady Gaga's because the others don't like it. Oh, and we did not sing Oppa Gangam Style, trust me.

It was almost six when we left Red Box. We wandered around for a bit and I bought Shounen 29 in Popular! I was very thrilled! I was even more thrilled when I found Ouji to Majou to Himegimi to manga in Speedy! God, I wasted all my savings already so Jasmine offered to pay for me... as my Christmas gift (I should've told my aunt I wanted that for Christmas, and Jasmine won't have to waste her money).

Amber and I talked so much that the other two were astonished about our chitchat abilities. Both of us found out that Jia Whei was a fail Otaku: she can't tell whether that specific anime of manga is considered shounen or shoujo. Pretty fail right. Both of us said, "You can't learn this technique. You need experience to actually tell the difference."

Why would Amber and I start testing Jia Whei? Well, have you ever heard of some anime and manga lover say that Fairy Tail is shoujo? We heard that and got the world's deadliest heart attack. "Go bang head on a wall."

No comments:

Post a Comment