19 December 2012

PMR Results 2012 ('97)

It's the 19th of December, 2012.
The day when all the students stress themselves out about their PMR results.
C'mon man, is it that frightening?

To tell you the truth, I did not intend to take my results at school today. All I wanted was to avoid trouble with the teachers (who might take a 'liking' to my hairstyle). Early in the morning I sent a SMS to confirm my results: 6A, 1B, 1C. B for BM and C for BC (Mandarin). Well, I know some of you who learnt Mandarin but didn't take the test but got straight As will be like, "Oh, good thing I didn't take the subject!".

But there are suckers in this world who would want to make fun of those like me who took the subject, though knowing I might get a bad grade or something. They might say "Ha! Serves you right for taking the subject!" or "You should be smart like me and not take the subject.". You know what? Those people can just eat their shit. I may get a poor grade during the test, but at least I have the courage to finish what I left off.

It's sad to see my fellow primary school friends (who learnt Mandarin) give up on the subject, after eight years of hardship. AGGRESSIVE is a girl who holds on to tradition, and she will always say, "You're Chinese but you don't learn Mandarin? What kind of Chinese is that?!"

Of course, this isn't the worst case. I've heard some 'bananas' (Chinese who doesn't understand Mandarin) talk about the issue and I had a thought. It's okay if you don't understand Mandarin. BUT, if you bad-mouth about about your own roots, it is not acceptable. Some people just don't appreciate their mother language.

Overall, my mom was satisfied with the results, and pops can't do nothin' about my Mandarin grades.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, I like this post!! xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I surely agree what u said. The one thing I regret is not learning Mandarin. Getting C is okay cause at least u tried! :) Jiayous!!!

    ReplyDelete