23 December 2016

Events, Events Everywhere...

You know when I said University life is hectic as hell since I have 3 laboratory reports, multiple assignments and now even extra-curricular points to worry about! MSU is making my life easier by making us go to events as our compulsory assignments and projects... but still... this week is a physical stamina trainwreck!

ROUND 1: DMC RAPPORTEUR

I'm working with the 'top' students in this event: the Student Representative Council, aka "prefects" and oh god are they top students! I swear they don't eat or sleep. I have 2 lab reports due, but every day I only get to go home at 7pm +, so I didn't have any time to print shit. I'm just a smol committee tryin' to hustle ok!

The whole convention lasts three days: the first day was a holiday, so everyone is expected to be there to do their jobs. I drove to school before the sun is even up (without breakfast!). I got the morning session, the job was pretty easy. Had lunch with everyone, we fooled around for a bit on stage ("which comes first: the chicken or the egg??") before we were assigned to lead participants to their workshops. Everything was super tiring because there was nothing to do and we had to run around a lot.

I did not do much on the second day because I had class all day except in the morning. So I finished my slot in the morning and went to class as usual... then there's a stupid announcement on flash mob practice at 6pm, which would most probably extend until 9pm+... and it did. When I got back I finished half of my lab report and left the other half for the next day.

The last day was ok because I just need to be there for the closing ceremony. What sucked was that I brought many bags and it was a hassle. We took a bunch of pictures, joked around, mom came to fetch me home and I slept like a log.

Tl;dr, my team is awesome.

update: class was canceled so haha no need to pass up the lab report

ROUND 2: WORLD AIDS DAY FLASH MOB

PEC800 students have been practicing for this flash mob since a month ago, and only by 15th December we get to execute this shit. Technically it was because of last minute flash mob practices AND rapporteur jobs that made the day so packed. During our last two practice sessions it was a full-on rehearsal, and our flash mob was at the very end, so we had to sit through 3~4 hours of boring shit before our turn.

Brought my laptop to finish my lab report while waiting for our turn to perform. Managed to finish everything, all that is left were to print it out and bind it. The flash mob was not so much of a surprise anymore because of sudden technical issues with the music (lmao), so I'm kinna like "FOR REAL??? I DIDN'T PRACTICE A MONTH FOR THIS TO HAPPEN???" and also we were required to wear red. Everyone would be suspicious if everyone wore red. Anyway the dance was awesome, I enjoyed myself, and I enjoyed it even more when afternoon class was canceled so I attended DMC closing ceremony.

ROUND 3: PEC MAJOR PROJECT

This one takes the cake for being extremely annoying and making me 100x anxious. This fell on exactly 17th December, and guess what also falls on the same day??? COMIC FIESTA DAY 1.

I was going to sell my ticket but no one wanted it... haha I didn't pay RM25 for nothing so yep I'm going to CF after my project, dirt and sweat and all!

Nothing really interesting happened except for the final event. We were going to play a tug of war to determine the winning team. Let's just say our team is... the least ideal team. We only had two guys, one is a professional dancer, the other a lazy bum, both are average built. We have no big-sized girls, all of us were either tiny or tall and lean or chubby. The opposing team had at least 5 guys, at least one was big-sized. They won in a landslide. We were totally annihilated. When the game started we were immediately pulled forward, we were (literally) flying, our feet were not even on the ground, I fell, bruised my arm and bum, my friend peeled the skin on her palm. It was BRUTAL.

ROUND 4: HEALTH SCIENCE WEEK

We have to set up a booth and make 3D models of the major human systems. This was known since a month ago, as our assignment for Anatomy and Physiology subject. So me and a classmate did a mechanism model instead of a 3D one, but all worked out, our lecturer was meh. Since ours involve a lot of water all I can say our model was in the verge of collapsing at the end.

There was a talk about organ donation and the speaker asked: "Are yall scared of organ donation?" and I'm like "Pfffttt what's there to be scared about" Apparently most people didn't know that organ donation takes place after you dead. Like????? Huh????? Kidneys and liver can be donated when a person is still alive but other organs???? People don't use common sense???? They had a Q&A session with really easy questions. The problems lies if you dare to step out to answer on the microphone. If you do you get a t-shirt. I did. The colour was nice.

The second day is just a prize giving ceremony. It was supposed to end on that day, but somehow the following day our lecturer had to judge a video competition so we're like???? We wanna study plz???? We ended up being in the same hall to watch videos about traditional medicine.

After all these events we need to write reports and hand them in within a week haha goodbye life, see you in 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment