23 December 2016

COMIC FIESTA 2016

This year's venue is shit.

*

I bought the early bird tickets in Kinokuniya this time 'round, and a week after that bad news came: major project for my compulsory PEC subjects falls on the 17th. At least till noon anyway. It made me anxious for the whole duration before the project. I am so so tired.

The event ended at 1:20pm and I rushed so that mom can fetch me to the nearest train station to board the 1:45pm train. I got on, it was about 40 minutes journey, reached there, 10 minutes walk and when I finally reached there... I was lost. I got to the ticket counter and cannot find where to go next. Apparently they didn't utilize the venue, instead everything is in a nearby sports court. WTF. I spent 10 minutes looking for the entrance and another 20 minutes searching for the artist booths lmao. THIS YEARS VENUE IS SHIT.

My shopping theme for this year is 'zines/fanbooks/illustration books' because I'm broke and if I were to buy anything it would be books>charms>badges.

DAY 1

I only spent ~40 minutes in the artist booth because damn I need to get back home soon. I have projects to work on!


I've always loved kiDChan's works. I was her fan since 2008 I guess?? I was a wee child then! But since I did not have any social media until I was legal I didn't know she had?? Illustration books???? I'm so shook! Last year I spent the most (RM 80) on Meyo's booth for her daisuga charms and fan zines but last year aint got nothin on this year: a total RM127 spent on a booth!


I recently found this artist on Twitz, and hey she's selling illustration books! I'm going to see if there's anything I want!


Haha blame Khadi for dragging me (and many others) into JJBA hell. Now I thirst for JOJO!!!!!


Got these haram stickers. And the only cat keychain left... Since I was late anything YOI related is sold out so I gotta settle with Voltron in Ceni's booth.


I missed the HQ! charms during the last convention, so it's nice to be able to get one of my OTP (iwaoi, but since it's a promo of 2 so I gotta get a kuroken one). Yue and Aiko aint got nothin I want (they be sellin prints, Aiko got some badges but I have enough of those), so I got KH charms. Why not?


THIS POSTER IS A BLESSING OK There's also a paper bag, refer to pictures.

While walking out of PWTC I saw these two cosplayers as Noct and Luna and??? I'm so emotional? I stopped at my tracks, contemplating if I should go and ask for a picture but shy and anxious me didn't. So. I'm so dumb. Now I'm sad.

DAY 2

I spent all of my month's allowance on day 1. All of them. What to do??? As I was moping around near the ATM machine I flipped through my cards and... hey is... is that my BSN card??? I still have RM200+ inside??? HELL YES!

I never thought I'd be saved by national service allowance lmao.

A photo posted by Jo (@jo.the.sinner) on

I totally forgot Min was attending CF so imagine my surprise when??? MIN??? ILLUSTRATION BOOK???? I WILL BUY THAT


Le DELICATESSEN (still unsure if this is Kaoru's doujin circle but) new artbook, free print. Why u guys be givin prints??? What am I supposed to do with them???

A photo posted by Jo (@jo.the.sinner) on

Hammu! I saw a sticker set named Fantastic Breads and Where to Find Them.


I saw this on Yue's booth. It was a black variety, but I did not buy it because I was unsure... then I was browsing for more books to buy and ahahaha TALESS???? YES PLZ


MAIN FOCUS OF CF: LOKA MADE CF EXCLUSIVE ILLUSTRATION BOOK. It was a promo with the bigger RM90 book but I didn't have money left so yeah. I'll just have this one thanks.

*

This years CF was a pretty uneventful one for me since the venue is shit, Reika and Baozi&Hana are here but the queue is long as shit, photo books all sold out. I promised myself to get pictures of cosplayers but I only managed to get one (A LUCA COSPLAYER OMG HOW MANY PPL EVEN KNOW AR TONELICO), and it's not even in CF, it's outside!

Anyways my new years resolution for conventions is to 1, take pictures of cosplayers; 2, spend less in small conventions; 3, buy more books; 4, stop being dumb.

Let's hope the next year will be a more delightful one.

No comments:

Post a Comment