20 July 2014

Education Fair!!!

Haha, this is the first time I went to an education fair. I haven't thought about next year, so going there was a great decision. Found lots of interesting places to go for my higher education. All of them requires at least 5 Bs on two Math and the three pure Science subjects. I was unsure of where to go, but the first stall called me. I've always wanted to further my studies in Taiwan, where we have great books and food (was that the point of going?). But seriously it's all the books and food that matters.

The second stall was on a university in Korea. The consultant of the said university asked me:
"Are you a fan of BIG BANG?" Of course not.
"I'm not really into K-pop."
"Aww, too bad. Cause (was it TOP?) is studying in this u."
Me thinks: ORLY? *insert rape face*
By the way it was Dankook University.

Our next stop was an Ireland U. There's a real mat salleh (sorry) there. Ahh the wonders of that university~ Gaming industry~ I wished to enter Ubisoft. It's international and near me... closest branch is in Singapore! There was one U in Hong Kong, and mom teased me about not getting my Cantonese right. Such a pain! The first consultant I saw when entering Hall 2 talked about various stuff. I mean like, everybody knows our SPM is (almost) of no standard?

We saw a stall selling pastries and *insert holy music* THERE WAS THIS EGG PUDDING WE COULD NOT RESIST AND BOUGHT IT IT WAS EFFING DELICIOUS BUT THE RETAIL STORES ARE SO FAR AWAY and we went on our way.

It does not interest me but...
I was curious about the voice talent thing, so I sat down with a consultant. That college is a special one. It trains people to be early childhood teachers. The consultant was a lecturer herself in the college and she said that many middle-aged women came for their courses just to take care of their children, especially those of special needs. She keeps pressing that "You have to have a passion to work with children" or it won't work sorta thing. I'm not into this field (though they say the pay's ridiculously high for a special needs child caretaker), but it might help some relatives and friends with children...

There was only one stall with a college in Japan, and that girl was SUPER CUTE AND TO THINK I THOUGHT SHE WAS JAPANESE but she's local. She said many people go there just for the animanga. Sorry gurl, but I do it for FINAL FANTASY.

Hall 1 was no special, but the last stall I visited kinda opened my mind. The consultant was a Datin, and she told us that her husband works in the ministry of education (did I say it right?). She told us about what's happening behind the 'scenes' (she was talking about National service) and that I could find a way around the procedure to freedom *insert holy light* actually she was trying to tell me that I could go wherever I wanted as long as I study hard.

After the long walk we went to MUJI just opposite of the convention center. It was AWESOME! You didn't see the stationery it sells! It all seemed so precious and OMG I can't describe the overwhelming urge to buy them all. Plain notebooks! Can you imagine! The colored pens! You can even customize your own notebook and envelope! *insert fangirl shrieking*

And here's a song to boost up your fighting spirit!

This song always give the the goosebumps brrrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment