10 September 2013

When People Grow Up...


My fellow primary school classmates, if you somehow found me, do you remember this? Well, if you don't and then remembered this to be funny four years ago, then I'll tell you - this is a form of bullying.

"How?" you ask. Bullying doesn't mean it has to be physical, you can hurt someone mentally too. In this case, it is. I've only rewatched it recently, and different from four years ago, I find this a lot more than disturbing. I've laughed at this for God knows how many times when I was 12, but yesterday, I can laugh no more. Since entering secondary school, I've known a lot of bullying cases from teachers, 'informants' and gossipish parents. How can I not realize that the act of sitting and laughing my ass off while watching someone get bullied through words was also considered a brutal act?

I faced the music of my parents after they found out I've been watching the video. I vaguely remember what they shouted at me, but I know it's nothing to be proud of. It took me four years to realize my mistake. And to those who are reading, I hope you realize yours too.

I'm sincerely sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment