07 January 2012

New Years, New Problems

Random song of the mo- shut the f*** up, I'm trying to concentrate on my Maths!

Okay... I'm currently doing Maths revision to improve my understanding on lines and angles while writing half of my FF12 walkthrough in Wikia. Great. Double timing. A few days ago I received a message from a Chinese Society member.. dunno who was it, but most likely the graduated senior.

It said the meeting was on a Sunday, and the time clashed with a lunch with my father's colleagues - at the usual place. A place that took 30 minutes to reach from my house. I messaged her back saying that I couldn't attend, and just today I received a call from her.

She was a little annoyed, I could hear that from her voice. Says that I must make sacrifices. I told her I had a "family reunion" to cover up for the lunch thing (not exactly lying, it is a sort of reunion) After she hung up, I was like, "Man, no buffet for me," I knew that my dad's boss had reserved the places for us, so I couldn't possibly refuse, it costs a lot of money. Finally, I gave in. I decided to go.

I'm feeling very suspicious, though. The last meeting was about this year's activities, and why a meeting in January again? My mom was furious when I told her that we had a meeting on Sunday. As the Americans say, "Sunday is my family day. Don't expect me to go back to work on Sunday." No one has the right to stop me from doing my family activities on Sunday.

"My school has never once told us to have a meeting on Sunday!" My mom and aunt said that. "I've been a president of many clubs during my time, but not once I've told the committee to attend a meeting on Sundays." She was really furious. Well, this was not the first time. Most of my holiday meetings are on Sunday, occasionally on weekdays or Sats. No wonder my mom was that mad.

Her petrol money and precious time. My parents aren't all that free, even on weekends. My mom suggests to tell my senior about the natter. Whoa. Hope that Monday is a good day... Faram.

No comments:

Post a Comment